Mini 2-Tier Itzel Chocolate Cake (18 Mar 13)




Happy 1st Birthday To Adorable Itzel


My friend ordered a mini 2-tier chocolate cake from me for her little princess Itzel's 1st birthday celebration. It was a small family celebration, so I suggested a mini size 2-tier cake to her.

She requested for a square bottom tier and a round top tier.

Height of the 2-tier cake is 10cm (excluding the girl).

All figurines were hand molded using my homemade fondant. Everything on the cake base are edible (except the #1 candle holder (not safe to consume due to the candle & of course the candle itself). Originally, I used light pink to make the 3D candle stand but I feel that the light pink doesn't make the #1 stand out, so I make a medium pink 2D #1 to put on the light pink, to make the #1 stand out.


As this is a mini cake, original planning is to make the design as simple as possible. However, I can't help but adding more and more details (teddy bear, presents, lollipops, roses, ice-cream, etc) to the cake during the decoration process (with cautious not to overload the cake with too much decoration). 


I really love the final product. This is definitely one of my favourite cakes! ^_^

Happy 1st Birthday Itzel! Stay healthy & cheerful always ya ^_^




























I had a really hard time molding the little girl. Did the body & the head on 2 different days as I am super demoralized when molding the body.

I only realized how difficult it is, to mold the sitting position, getting the skirt settled in a nice flowy position, etc after I started molding it. But yes I do love the end product of the skirt. 

I did some researches on the molding of the nose as I don't want to just paste a fondant dot on the face as the nose (which I did previously for my 1st attempt on girl fondant). Happy that I managed to mold it but sad again that I made the eyes too high. The face will be just perfect if I place the eyes lower, maybe in line with the nose. Although the girl is not up to my expectation, but at least it is still presentable.

The height of the girl is ~10cm, including the crown.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...