Crispy Vanilla Cupcake (15 Jan 14)




Crispy Outside, Soft & Moist Inside

My 1st batch of bakes on 15 January.

For some people, baking can be a form of therapy to ease sadness. But for me, baking when I am feeling down will only result in imperfect bakes.

My heart was so heavy during the whole baking process. Not in the mood to bake but I just want to bake some cupcakes and eat. Ended up, I baked a big batch of cupcakes with various flavours.

These vanilla cupcakes may not look good on their appearance as they did not rise to a good height as expected. However, they were so delicious! The top surface of the vanilla sponge cake was so crispy.. like cookie, but the sponge cake underneath the crispy surface was so soft and moist.

The crispiness will go off after the cupcakes have cooled down on the cooling rack but they were still simply delicious. Mr Khong and I finished 8x freshly baked cupcakes with milo beverages as our supper before we headed for the bed with a full stomach.

Seriously, I don't know what had I done that caused the top surface to be so crispy. The vanilla cupcake recipe should be soft and moist throughout the whole cake, including the top part (because this is not the first time I bake this vanilla cupcake).

The only reason I can think of is that I am too lazy to use the professional mixer to beat the batter and I decided to use the hand mixer to beat the batter manually (which I regretted as it was even more tiring!). Maybe the sugar did not "melt" thoroughly during the beating of butter and sugar which caused the crispy texture. This is just my guess.
 
I had 2x vanilla cupcakes reheated in the oven for 10mins for our breakfast the next day to get back the crispy texture and they taste wonderful! The cupcakes were once again very crispy on the outside but soft and moist on the inside. Perfect breakfast for a good start of the day.

Mr Khong simply loves these crispy cupcakes! I hope I will be able to bake such texture again but not pinning much hope.

http://myblissparadise.blogspot.sg/2014/01/crispy-vanilla-cupcake-15-jan-14.html

http://myblissparadise.blogspot.sg/2014/01/crispy-vanilla-cupcake-15-jan-14.html



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...